In our experience, programme designers tend to do “hit and miss” programming where the learning objectives land for some participants but miss for others. The IPD workshop will be suitable for programme designers who are looking to make their adventure programmes more impactful for their participants. It will help give greater insights into adventure programming by delving deeper into the considerations that make a programme work and introduce useful tools to help improve the next proposal.
Topics covered in this 2-Day workshop will include :
– Understanding Educative and Un-educative learning experiences;
– Beyond the basics of Tuckman’s model of Group Development;
– Adventure Programming Sequencing based on research models – Multi-Level Programming;
– Intentional Activity Design;
– Integrating Adventure Wave into programme design;
– Insights into implementing Challenge by Choice.
At the end of the workshop, learners will be able to :
– Design adventure programmes with intent;
– Draw more participants into the activity;
– Sequence activities for greater impact in a programme.